- Saudi teen who fled family welcomed as 'brave new Canadian' in Toronto - World The Star Online
- Young Saudi asylum-seeker arrives in Canada to official welcome Free Malaysia Today
- Runaway Saudi teen settles in Canada after being granted asylum The Sun Daily
- Saudi teen who fled family arrives in Canada, gets official welcome New Straits Times
- Pauline Hanson blasts ‘fatal flaws’ in Australia’s migration system as Saudi refugee chooses Canada Daily Mail
- View full coverage on Google News
TORONTO (Reuters) - An 18-year-old Saudi woman who fled her family this week saying she feared for her life arrived in Toronto's international airport on Saturday after being granted asylum in Canada, where Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland welcomed her as a brave new Canadian.
Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland says Canada is standing up for human rights around the world by granting Qunum asylum.
TORONTO, Canada: A “very, very happy” Saudi teenager who caused a sensation by defying her family and seeking asylum abroad was welcomed with open arm...
Senator Hanson used the case of Ms al-Qunun to question whether Australia's migration program was strong enough to restrict her family members from entering Australia.