- Saudi teen welcomed as 'brave new Canadian' in Toronto Malaysiakini
- Young Saudi asylum-seeker arrives in Canada to official welcome Free Malaysia Today
- Saudi teen who fled family arrives in Canada, gets official welcome New Straits Times
- Saudi asylum seeker off to Canada - Asean Plus The Star Online
- Pauline Hanson blasts ‘fatal flaws’ in Australia’s migration system as Saudi refugee chooses Canada Daily Mail
- View full coverage on Google News
Rahaf who fled family is greeted by Canada's foreign minister on arrival.
Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland says Canada is standing up for human rights around the world by granting Qunum asylum.
BANGKOK: The 18-year-old Saudi asylum seeker who fled her family and harnessed the power of Twitter to stave off deportation from Thailand was en route to Canada, in a surprise twist after officials gave heavy hints she was bound for Australia.
Senator Hanson used the case of Ms al-Qunun to question whether Australia's migration program was strong enough to restrict her family members from entering Australia.