- Saudi asylum seeker off to Canada - Asean Plus The Star Online
- Young Saudi asylum-seeker arrives in Canada to official welcome Free Malaysia Today
- Runaway Saudi teen settles in Canada after being granted asylum The Sun Daily
- Runaway Saudi teen Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun settles in Canada after being granted asylum Economic Times
- Saudi teen who fled family arrives in Canada, gets official welcome New Straits Times
- View full coverage on Google News
BANGKOK: The 18-year-old Saudi asylum seeker who fled her family and harnessed the power of Twitter to stave off deportation from Thailand was en route to Canada, in a surprise twist after officials gave heavy hints she was bound for Australia.
Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland says Canada is standing up for human rights around the world by granting Qunum asylum.
TORONTO, Canada: A “very, very happy” Saudi teenager who caused a sensation by defying her family and seeking asylum abroad was welcomed with open arm...
Smiling broadly, the 18-year-old posed for photographers with Freeland at her side, but made no statement.